Friday, December 3, 2010

Modular Terrain from Back 2 Base-ix

About a year ago I was working on an idea for a modular gaming table using "tiles with depth" so terrain could easily go up or down.  It was interesting to come across a new product today from Back 2 Base-ix that seems to use a similar idea.



 

It will be interesting to see where they go with this and if I can incorporate any of their ideas into mine, shown here and here.  Of course, it would be more interesting if I actually had time to give my table a try.

2 comments:

Onyx Icarus said...

I think the magnet idea is fantastic. Even just using a small hole saw and drilling holes for magnets to sit in on the frame edges would work. Thanks for the post.

P.S. - please build your table!!!

Can't wait to see it, lol.

Herr Fernseher said...

Isn't that Hugh Grant's hardcore younger brother?