Tuesday, November 9, 2010

BIG MEK w/ KFF

I built him last year, so I guess it's about time I put some paint on him.  Long way to go before I finish, but I thought I'd post current progress.  I didn't filter the light, so the pics came out kinda harsh.  Anyways:

 Eventually, I'm going to try my hand at OSL, making the KFF glow with Orkish light.



The KFF power pack will glow as well.

His burna is removable, leaving him with just a power switch in hand.  There are times when I'd want to run him with a power klaw.  I'm hoping that the huge mek's tool, a claw itself, can be seen as a PK in those situations (my list would clearly call it out).

I'm looking for easy but effective OSL techniques, so if anybody knows about that, I'd appreciate a link to the info.

This mek was built here (part 1) and here (part 2).

3 comments:

Master Manipulator (every store needs one) said...

looking Great. I can't wait to see him completely finished.

LuckyNo.5 said...

I just saw this conversion over in the Bitzbarn 40k competition thread. Very nice work man. I love the green glowing effects on all the generator areas.

Herr Fernseher said...

Wow. This guy is getting sick, Simon.